Pair and connect with a Bluetooth enabled device
Before you begin: Make sure that you turn on Bluetooth technology on the device that you want to connect to.
Before you can connect your BlackBerry device to another Bluetooth enabled device, you must pair them.
- On the home screen, swipe down from the top of the screen.
- Tap Settings > Networks and Connections > Bluetooth.
If the Bluetooth switch is off, turn
Your BlackBerry device automatically detects any discoverable devices within range.
- If necessary, to scan again for nearby Bluetooth enabled devices, tap Refresh.
Do one of the following:
- If the device that you want to connect to appears in the Devices list, tap the device name. Complete the instructions on the screen.
- Tap and tap the back of your device with the device you want to connect to.
- If the device doesn't appear in the Devices list, it might not be discoverable. Check that the device is discoverable then try again. If you don't know how to check that the device is discoverable, consult the documentation that came with the device.
- If the device doesn't appear in the Devices list and you can't connect by making it discoverable, you might need to initiate pairing from the device. On your BlackBerry device, in the Discoverable drop-down list, tap On or 2 Minutes. If necessary, enter your BlackBerry device password. Start the pairing process according to the documentation that came with the device.
Your devices are now ready to share and communicate over the Bluetooth connection. Your devices are either connected or ready to connect when you initiate a Bluetooth related action such as sharing a file.