BlackBerry Smart Case
The BlackBerry Smart Case helps protect the screen from scratches and smudges, and also lets you interact with your device without opening the cover. You have direct access to your device for incoming calls, notifications, alarms, and your music player. Your device goes into smart case mode when you close the cover or slide your device into the case, and notifications that you set to appear on the lock screen display in the window. The full screen display extends when you open the cover or slide your device out of the case.
Swiping horizontally to the left or the right within the case window dismisses notifications. Swiping up or down lets you move through the notifications.
Using the BlackBerry Smart Case
Note: If you turn off lock screen notifications, your notifications don't display in the case window. For the full experience using your device in the BlackBerry Smart Case, tap Show all notification content in the lock screen notification options.
View and delete notifications
- If necessary, press the Power on/off key to wake up your device. If you turn on Wake-up gestures in Display settings, you can also double-tap the screen in the window.
Do any of the following:
- To dismiss a notification from the list, swipe left or right on the notification.
- To see more info in the notification, swipe up. The full notification displays in the window. Swipe left or right to dismiss.
- To see the next notification in the list, swipe up.
Answer or decline a call
- Swipe right to answer a call. When you're finished, swipe left to end your call.
- Swipe left to decline a call.
Manage your alarms
- Swipe right to dismiss the alarm.
- Swipe left to snooze.
Access music controls
- To see more information about the song, scroll up.
- Tap a control, such as Pause or Next.