Set a static IP address for your Wi-Fi connection
By default, when you connect your device to a Wi-Fi network, your device assigns a local network assigned IP address to the connection. You can set a static IP address that doesn't change each time you connect to a Wi-Fi network.
You must be within range of the Wi-Fi network to change the Wi-Fi settings.
- Swipe down from the top of the screen once using two fingers, or twice using one finger.
- Tap > Wi-Fi.
- If necessary, turn on the switch.
- Tap and hold a network.
- Tap Modify network.
- Select the Advanced options checkbox.
- In the IP settings drop-down list, tap Static.
- Change the IP address fields.
- Tap Save.