About BlackBerry Power Center
You can use BlackBerry Power Center to manage the power settings on your device. For example, you can do the following:
- Change the battery power settings for an app
- Shorten the length of time before your device goes to sleep
- Dim the screen
- Set your device to use battery saving mode when determining your location
- Set battery saver to turn on when battery power is low
The icon indicates settings that can be adjusted to optimize your batterly life.
Change the battery power settings for an app
To save battery power, you can assign an existing power profile to an app or customize the power settings for an app. On the Apps and games screen, BlackBerry Power Center recommends the apps that would benefit most from changes to power settings.
Note: Changing the battery power settings for an app might affect the app's performance.
- In the BlackBerry Power Center app, tap Apps and games.
- Tap the name of the app. If the app doesn't appear in the list, tap , and then tap the name of the app.
- Turn on the switch beside the app name.
Do one of the following:
- To assign a power profile that reduces the screen brightness, tap Performance.
- To assign a power profile that reduces the screen brightness and resolution, tap Balanced.
- To assign a power profile that reduces the screen brightness, resolution, and frame rate (the rate that the screen refreshes), tap Energy saving.
- To change the screen brightness, resolution, or frame rate manually, turn on the Use advanced settings switch. Tap beside any of the settings, and then tap an option.
- To see how your changes affect the app, tap Try it.
- To save your changes, tap .