If your device has a physical keyboard, you can use the keys on the keyboard as shortcuts. For example, from the home screen, you can speed dial one of your favorite contacts or turn Wi-Fi on and off.
To see the shortcuts assigned to each key, on the home screen, touch and hold an empty area on the screen. Tap > Keyboard shortcuts.
Each key can have a short-press and long-press shortcut. To use a short-press shortcut, press the key. To use a long-press shortcut, press and hold the key.
Customize your keyboard shortcuts
- On the home screen, touch and hold an empty area on the screen, and then tap > Keyboard shortcuts.
- Tap Short press or Long press.
- Tap a letter. If necessary, tap Edit.
- Tap an action.
Tip: From the home screen, you can also assign a shortcut to an unassigned key by pressing the key, and then following the instructions on the screen.
Scroll using keyboard shortcuts
- To go to the bottom of a screen, press B.
- To go to the top of a screen, press T.
- To scroll down on a screen, press the Space key.
Turn off short-press keyboard shortcuts
- On the home screen, touch and hold an empty area on the screen, and then tap > Typing action.
- Tap an option.