Add a multilanguage keyboard
If you frequently type in more than one language, you don't need to switch keyboards. Instead, add a multilanguage keyboard, and the BlackBerry Keyboard detects which language you're typing in and provides predictions and corrections for that language.
- Swipe down from the top of the screen once using two fingers, or twice using one finger.
- Tap > Language & input.
- Tap BlackBerry Keyboard Settings or Keyboard Settings > BlackBerry Keyboard Settings.
- Tap Multi-language keyboards.
- Tap , and then select your primary language.
- In the Supporting Languages section, tap Please Select and then tap up to two languages.
- Tap OK.
- Tap Save.
- Tap Enable Now.
- If the Use system language switch is turned on, turn it off.
- In the Active input methods section, turn on the switch for the language combination you just created. This language combination is now in your list of available input methods, and you can switch to it at any time.
- To start using the new keyboard right away, tap . Tap Make active. Tap the keyboard.