Type by swiping
When you turn on this feature, keyboard swipe gestures are turned off so that you don’t delete text accidentally when you swipe backwards, for example. But, you can choose to turn keyboard swipe gestures back on if you want to. When you turn on this feature, quick phrases and the number pad are not available when you slide the keyboard left or right.
- Swipe down from the top of the screen once using two fingers, or twice using one finger.
- Tap > Language & input.
- Tap BlackBerry Keyboard Settings or Keyboard Settings > BlackBerry Keyboard Settings.
- Tap Type by swiping.
- Turn on the Type by swiping switch. If your device has both a touch screen keyboard and a physical keyboard, you can turn on the switch for each keyboard.
- To allow gestures like swipe to delete and swipe to access symbols, turn on the Keyboard swipe gestures switch.
To type, touch the keyboard and then slide your finger from key
to key to form words.
- To accept a word suggestion, lift your finger off the keyboard.
- To add a space, slide your finger to the spacebar before sliding your finger to the next word.