About Ctrl shortcuts
Familiar shortcuts that you use on your computer keyboard (for example, undo and redo, and cut, copy, and paste) are also available on the BlackBerry Keyboard. By default, on the touch screen keyboard, the ?123 key is the Ctrl key. If your device has a physical keyboard, you can set one of the shift keys () as the Ctrl key.
Note: Depending on the language that you're using on your device, you might not be able to use Ctrl shortcuts.
Assign a Ctrl key for your device's physical keyboard
- Swipe down from the top of the screen once using two fingers, or twice using one finger.
- Tap > Language & input > BlackBerry Keyboard Settings > Advanced.
- Tap Physical keyboard Ctrl key, and then tap Left shift key or Right shift key.
Use a Ctrl shortcut
Do one of the following
- On a touch screen keyboard, press and hold the ?123 key.
- On your device's physical keyboard, press and hold the Shift key () that you set as the Ctrl key.
While you hold the Ctrl key, press one of the following
Key Action Z Undo Y Redo X Cut text (You must select text first) C Copy text (You must select text first) V Paste text B Apply bold formatting to text (You must select text first) U Underline text (You must select text first) I Italicize text (You must select text first)
Tip: You can also press and hold the Ctrl key until Ctrl mode turns on. When Ctrl mode is on, you can use Ctrl shortcuts without holding down the Ctrl key.