Familiar shortcuts that you use on your computer keyboard, like Ctrl + Z to undo or Ctrl + V to paste, are also available on the BlackBerry Keyboard (in some languages).
Use a Ctrl shortcut
- If necessary, select the text that you want to cut, copy, or apply formatting to.
Press the Ctrl key and a shortcut key at the same time:
- Z (undo)
- Y (redo)
- X (cut)
- C (copy)
- V (paste)
- B (bold)
- U (underline)
- I (italic)
Tip: You can also press and hold the Ctrl key until Ctrl mode turns on. When Ctrl mode is on, you can use Ctrl shortcuts without holding down the Ctrl key.
Set a Ctrl key for a physical keyboard
- Swipe down from the top of the screen once using two fingers, or twice using one finger.
- Tap > Language & input.
- Tap BlackBerry Keyboard Settings or Keyboard Settings > BlackBerry Keyboard Settings.
- Tap Advanced > Physical keyboard Ctrl key.
- Tap Left shift key or Right shift key.
If your device has a physical keyboard, when you aren't typing, you can have your device perform an action when you press a key on the keyboard. For example, from the home screen, you could press a key to speed dial one of your favorite contacts or turn Wi-Fi on and off.
To learn more about keyboard shortcuts, see the help for BlackBerry Launcher.