About accessibility features on your device
Your device comes with several well-established accessibility aids for people with disabilities.
For more information on the following features, visit Android™ Accessibility Help.
- Magnification settings allow you to zoom in or zoom out to increase or decrease the display magnification.
- Google™ TalkBack provides audible output based on the visual information displayed on your screen.
- Switch Access allows you to navigate screens on your device using external switches.
- Braille support is available using BrailleBack.
- Font customization allows you to choose small, medium, large, or huge sizes.
- Screen Reader technology lets you select the text-to-speech application that you prefer to use (if you have downloaded an alternate text-to-speech engine on Google Play™ ).
- Google Now™ voice assistant answers questions, makes recommendations, and performs actions.
- Voice dictation allows you to dictate text instead of typing.
- Closed or open captioned multimedia content is available. Personalize your closed caption settings by adjusting character size, color, opacity, or font.
- Display features, such as color inversion and color correction, are applied across all applications.
- The touch & hold delay feature lets you increase the length of time for touch responses on the screen.
- Third-party keyboards are supported.
- The ability to speak your passwords is included.
- An accessibility shortcut is available that you can use to quickly change your accessibility settings.
- Teletypewriter (TTY) support allows you to connect to a TTY device to make and receive calls from TTY devices.
For more information on the following features, visit BlackBerry Accessibility.
- Hearing aid compatibility is available for certain BlackBerry smartphone models. Compatibility ratings are available online at BlackBerry Accessibility.
- The BlackBerry Keyboard lets you type more efficiently with contextual autocorrection, next-word prediction, and personalized learning that gets to know the way you type.
- If your device has a physical keyboard, keyboard shortcuts and speed dial allow you to assign actions and phone numbers to specific keys.
- If you are using PRIV, you have the option of using the touch screen keyboard, or the slide-out keyboard with tactilely discernible keys.
- Alerts and notifications can be customized using tone, vibration, onscreen alerts, or the LED indicator.
- An integrated hands-free speakerphone is available, or you can connect your device to a hands-free headset or Bluetooth enabled headset.