After you transfer your data
Add an email account to your new device
If you want to add a work email account to your device, contact your administrator to find out the best way to add your account.
- On your new device, swipe down from the top of the screen once using two fingers, or twice using one finger.
- Tap > Accounts > Add account, and then tap an account type.
- Enter your email address, and then tap Next.
- Enter your password, and then tap Next.
- On the Account options screen, select the settings that you want to turn on, and then tap Next.
- Give your account a name. If you are adding an IMAP or a POP3 account, in the Your name field, enter your name.
- Tap Done.
Insert your media card into your new device
If you used a media card with your previous device, and you haven't inserted the media card into your new device yet, do that now. This way, all of the content that's saved on your media card can be available on your new device.
For information about how to insert a media card into your device, visit the Devices section on help.blackberry.com to find the Help for your device.
Find apps for your new device
- Open the Google Play™ store app.
- If necessary, sign in to your Google™ account.
- Tap an app that you want to download.
- Tap Install.
Delete the data on your previous BlackBerry 7 device
Note: If you have turned on data encryption, the process for deleting your device data can take up to an hour to complete. You can’t stop the process after you start it. If you reset your device, the process restarts after the device restarts.
- On the home screen of your previous device, click or tap the Options icon.
- Click or tap Security > Security Wipe.
- Select the items that you want to delete.
- Type blackberry.
- Click or tap Wipe Data.
Where can I find my data?
After you transfer your data to your new device, you might wonder where to find everything. Here's a list to help you get started:
Type of data
|Documents and other files||
Use BlackBerry Device Search to search for documents by file name.
You can also browse to your files on your device. Swipe down from the top of the screen once using two fingers, or twice using one finger. Tap > Storage and USB > Internal storage > Explore.
Tip: A file manager app is another way to browse the documents and files that are on your device. Find file manager apps on Google Play™ .
Find your music in the Google Play™ Music app.
Find your pictures in the Google™ Photos app.
In Google™ Photos, tap > Device folders.
Find videos from your camera in the Google™ Photos app.
Find movies or TV shows in the Google Play™ Movies app.
|Text messages (SMS)||
Find your text messages in the Messenger app.
Tip: To change the default app for text messages, swipe down from the top of the screen once using two fingers, or twice using one finger. Tap > Apps > > Default Apps > SMS app.
|Contacts||Find your contacts in the Contacts by BlackBerry app.|
|Calendar events||Find your calendar events in the Calendar by BlackBerry app.|
|Notes||Find your notes in the Notes by BlackBerry app.|
|Tasks||Find your tasks in the Tasks by BlackBerry app.|