Items marked with an asterisk (*) are new for this release.
Installation, upgrade, migration and synchronization known issues
* If you have two instances of Good Control in your environment and you start the synchronization of Good Control with BlackBerry UEM on one instance and then stop it, when you restart the synchronization on the second instance of Good Control, the synchronization does not start again. (JI 2215589)
Workaround: Cancel the synchronization again, wait for a Cancel now button to display, click the button, and then restart the synchronization on the second instance of Good Control.
When you are using the command prompt window to install or upgrade the software, the installation or upgrade might fail if the SNMP service locks the monitoring DLL file. (JI 2193276)
Workaround: Stop the SNMP service and perform the installation or upgrade again. Or you can restart the server and perform the installation or upgrade again.
When you upgrade to BlackBerry UEM 12.7, on the Settings > Infrastructure page, two instances of BlackBerry UEM might display. If you try to delete the older instance, an error displays. (JI 2189817)
When you run the command to install a snap-in, instead of the License agreement screen, the error message “EULA must be accepted to run scripted installation” is displayed. (JI 2187066)
Workaround: Append the command “--iAcceptEULA” to the installation script, for example “plugin-deploy.bat --plugins “C:\Program Files\snapinDir\test\worklife.snapin.zip” --GUI “snapinGUI.txt” --iAcceptEULA”.
When you migrate more than 2000 users from BES10 to BlackBerry UEM, the migration might fail. (JI 1676361)
Workaround: Migrate a maximum of 1000 users at a time
If the Good Proxy server folder is nested inside the Good Control server folder, when you upgrade to BlackBerry UEM, the upgrade will fail. (JI 1638535)
After you install BlackBerry UEM version 12.6, if you try to stop or restart the BlackBerry UEM Core an error message displays. (JI 1532799)
Workaround: The BlackBerry UEM Core will eventually stop even though the error message displays. If you were trying to restart the service, start the service manually after it stops.
The installation of the software does not complete if your domain name contains an ampersand (&). (JI 1532095)
User and device management known issues
Currently Proxy configuration with PAC files does not work for iOS devices. Proxy configuration for iOS devices must use manual configuration with an IP address. (FIRST-12273)
* When a device that has an associated managed Google account is activated, BlackBerry UEM reconciles all apps applicable to the device and publishes them to Google Play. (JI 2226820)
* On a Samsung KNOX device, after an administrator assigns an app with the disposition set to "Optional" to a device, the user cannot install the app on the device. (JI 2224020)
* Wi-Fi profiles with proxy settings are not applied to devices running Android 8.0 or later that are activated with MDM controls or User privacy. If a device with one of these activation types is upgraded to Android 8.0 or later, the Wi-Fi profile will be removed from the device. (JI 2221778)
* On a Samsung KNOX device, apps that are hosted by BlackBerry UEM do not display in the Google Play store in the work space. (JI 2218089)
* A deadlock exception might occur in the BlackBerry UEM Core log file when you deactivate a device running Android 8.0 or later and then use a different activation type to reactivate the device. (JI 2221074)
The BlackBerry UEM Client is not automatically updated for devices that use an Apple VPP account when the VPP account setting "Automatically update the app when a new version is available" is enabled in BlackBerry UEM. (JI 2197631)
When you are activating an Android device that has a work profile, if you exceed the limit of allowed users in the Google domain, the device is left in a partially activated state. (JI 1644881)
Workaround: Deactivate the device, and before you attempt to reactivate the device, ensure you have enough room in the Google domain for the user.
BlackBerry UEM cannot synchronize apps on Windows 10 devices if the app is a legacy app that uses the XAP file type. (JI 1531748)
Workaround: Remove the apps from BlackBerry UEM. Users must go to the Windows store and download and install the apps.
Management console known issues
In a BlackBerry UEM and BES5 integrated environment, if you delete a BlackBerry OS user from the BlackBerry Administration Service without selecting the "Delete the user and remove the BlackBerry information from the user’s mail system" option, and then you add the same user to BlackBerry UEM and activate a BlackBerry OS device for the user, the BlackBerry OS device information does not display in the BlackBerry UEM management console.
* After you add a BlackBerry Dynamics app entitlement to an app and immediately refresh the list of apps in the console, the app displays in the list. However, when you open the app, the app configuration does not display and if you try to add an app configuration an error message displays. (JI 2227788)
Workaround: After you add an app entitlement, the app configuration will synchronize but might take up to a day before it displays.
* In an AirPrint profile, the title of the AirPrint configuration table does not display. (JI 2225903)
* When you remove an app from a group, it may take more than 10 second to remove the app. Also, an error displays if you delete more than one app at a time. (JI 2224795)
* If you activate a device using the MDM controls activation type and then deactivate the device and reactivate it using the apps only activation type, the device might display twice on the Managed devices page. (JI 2223412)
* When you save a network usage profile without making any changes to it, the values that you set in the Allow data roaming and Allow cellular data fields might change. (JI 2221691)
* If you have multiple Microsoft Active Directory connections configured and you enter an incorrect password when you log in to the console, BlackBerry UEM attempts to communicate with all of the Microsoft Active Directory connections. This might cause you to be locked out of your Microsoft Active Directory account if you have set the number of unsuccessful log in attempts to a small number. (JI 2221038)
Workaround: Increase the number of allowable log in attempts in Microsoft Active Directory.
* On the device tab for a user, in the Manage device section, if you click on the text below the device command icons, the command is not sent to the device. (JI 2220571)
Workaround: Click on the device command icon.
* You cannot enable Kerberos Constrained Delegation for BlackBerry Dynamics apps. When you navigate to Settings > BlackBerry Dynamics > Properties and select the "Enable KCD debugging mode (gc.krb5.debug)" and "Enable KCD (gc.krb5.enabled)" options, after you click Save, the options do not remain selected. (JI 2215751)
* After you assign offline apps to a Windows 10 device, on the Apps page the apps might display as online apps. (JI 2213877)
In BlackBerry UEM 12.7 you can change the certificate that BlackBerry Control uses to communicate with BlackBerry Proxy. If you change the certificate when the BlackBerry Proxy is offline, it will not receive the update. (JI 2210516)
Workaround: Revert the certificate change for the BlackBerry UEM domain or update the certificates manually on the affected BlackBerry Proxy node. For more information, see KB45346.
For devices that use BlackBerry Dynamics and have been assigned a Gatekeeping profile, on the device tab the Gatekeeping profile might display a status of “Connection pending.” (JI 2207296)
* When you create an IT policy for Android devices, the "Force the device and work space passwords to be different" rule forces devices to handle the personal and work space passwords separately, but does not prevent users from using the same password for both instances. (JI 2206856)
In the BlackBerry Dynamics profile, if you select the “Do not allow personal information” option, personal information such as the user’s first and last names is allowed in a password for BlackBerry Dynamics apps. (JI 2206010)
Workaround: Do not select the option and personal information will not be allowed in the password.
You cannot update the version of an app in the BlackBerry UEM console before the newer version of the app is available in Google Play. (JI 2203775)
Workaround: Add the new version of the app to Google Play, wait for Google to publish the app and then add the app to the BlackBerry UEM console.
If you add a new version of an app in the Google Play store, upgrade from BlackBerry UEM 12.6.3 to BlackBerry UEM 12.7, and then add another version of the same app, the incorrect app version displays in the BlackBerry UEM console. The correct version of the app does display on the Android device. (JI 2202747)
When you create an email profile for an Android device, the "Use credentials and certificate" option for Secure Work Space devices still displays. You can ignore the option. (JI 2196865)
When you host an internal app for Android devices in BlackBerry UEM, if you do not add a license for the app, a Warning icon does not display on the App list page. (JI 2195984)
When you host an internal app for Android devices in BlackBerry UEM, if you do not add a license key for the app, and you click Next, a 404 error displays. (JI 2195980)
When you disable detailed logging for a BlackBerry Dynamics app (either by policy set or at the user level), the detailed logging does not display as disabled on the device tab in the BlackBerry Dynamics Apps section. Also, when you enable detailed logging for a BlackBerry Dynamics app (either by policy set or at the user level), the detailed logging displays as Off on the device tab in the BlackBerry Dynamics Apps section. (JI 1677889)
If you install the BlackBerry UEM Core on one server and the management console on another server, when you navigate to Settings > Infrastructure > BlackBerry Control, the URL for the BlackBerry Control console that displays contains the FQDN of the server where the console is installed instead of the FQDN of the server where the BlackBerry Control Service is installed. Note that this issue does not display after you upgrade to BlackBerry UEM 12.6 MR1 and perform the synchronization. (JI 1657049)
You can create a user account without enabling a service and specifying a contact email address. If you then enable the user account for device management and set or autogenerate a password that is sent to the user's device, the task appears to complete successfully instead of displaying a warning that an email address is required before the task can be completed. (JI 1507131)
Workaround: Add a contact email address when you create a user account.
UEM Self-Service known issues
The expiration period for access keys generated in UEM Self-Service is 24 hours instead of 30 days. (JI 1659057)
BlackBerry UEM API known issues
The BlackBerry Web Services API call GetLicenseInfoRequest does not return the number of available licenses or the number of licenses used. (JI 2194649)
When you are using the BlackBerry UEM SOAP APIs, if an authentication failure against a CAP API occurs, the faultCode in the response from BlackBerry UEM is "PROXY_AUTHENTICATION_REQUIRED" which does not accurately describe the reason for the failure. This response is different from the one that Good Control used to provide when an authentication failure occurred. If you have hard-coded your application to expect the old Good Control failure response you will need to modify your client code. (JI 1620440)