Staying connected with the BlackBerry Hub
- You can add practically any existing email account to your device—both work and web-based email.
- Text messages (SMS/MMS)
- If text messaging is a part of your wireless service plan, you can find and respond to your text messages in the BlackBerry Hub.
- Social networking
- If you add a Facebook account to your device, you can receive and respond to notifications, update your status, and send Facebook messages all from the BlackBerry Hub. If you add a Twitter account, you can compose tweets, stay up-to-date on your mentions, and send direct messages. And if you add a LinkedIn account, you can accept invitations to connect with business contacts, send messages to your connections, and update your LinkedIn status.
- BBM and instant messaging
- After you add instant messaging apps to your device, you can access your chats through the BlackBerry Hub.
- Calls and voice mail
- You can make calls directly from the BlackBerry Hub. The BlackBerry Hub shows you the calls that you made and received, including any missed calls and voice mail messages.
- Upcoming events
- Without leaving the BlackBerry Hub, you can peek at upcoming meetings, events, and—if you add your Facebook account—friends' birthdays.
- The BlackBerry Hub collects your notifications about new PIN messages, time zone changes, software updates, third-party apps, and more. Your service provider might send you SIM Toolkit notifications that appear in the BlackBerry Hub. Tapping on these notifications opens the SIM Toolkit app.