Troubleshooting: BlackBerry Hub
I'm not receiving messages
Try the following:
- If you recently changed an account password, make sure that you update the password in the Accounts settings on your BlackBerry device. On the home screen, swipe down from the top of the screen. Tap > Accounts. Tap an account. Make your changes. Tap Save.
- Check your network connection settings to make sure that your device is connected to a Wi-Fi or mobile network. If you're not in a wireless coverage area, you should receive messages when you return to a wireless coverage area.
- If you're connected to a mobile network, check that data services are turned on. On the home screen, swipe down from the top of the screen. Tap > Networks and Connections > Mobile Network. Make sure the Data Services switch is turned on.
I can only see email for the last 30 days
For some types of email accounts, by default, your BlackBerry device initially syncs email for the past 30 days. To change this setting, on the home screen, swipe down from the top of the screen. Tap > Accounts. Tap the email account. Tap . In the Sync Timeframe drop-down list, tap an option. Tap Save.
I can't find my work email in the BlackBerry Hub
If you added a work account to your BlackBerry device, your administrator might have turned on a policy that separates the BlackBerry Hub into a work view, which contains your messages and notifications for only your work account, and a personal view, which contains your messages and notifications for only your personal accounts.
To see the work view, in the BlackBerry Hub, tap > Switch To Work.
I can't see the recipients for a message
To see the other recipients of a message and the account that you received the message in, in the message, at the top-right corner of the screen, tap the arrow.
I can't send or forward a text message
You might not be able to forward an SMS or MMS message if the content of the message includes copyright-protected information.
If you use a work account that is supported by a BlackBerry Enterprise Server, your administrator might not allow you to send text messages, but you might still be able to receive text messages.
I can't attach a file to a text message
The file might be too large, or your wireless service plan might not support MMS messaging, which is required to attach files to text messages. Contact your service provider for more information.
I can't find the BlackBerry Hub or the Text Messages icon
You might have removed the icons from your home screen. Try any of the following:
- Even though icons don't appear on your home screen, you can still access your messages directly from the BlackBerry Hub. On the home screen, swipe right to open the BlackBerry Hub. To view only your text messages, tap > Text Messages.
- You can download the icons from BlackBerry World. In BlackBerry World, search for Text Messaging Icon or BlackBerry Hub Icon and download the icons.