About BlackBerry Blend
You can use BlackBerry Blend to stay connected and interact with your BlackBerry device from your computer or tablet. When you use BlackBerry Blend, you can access your messages, files, and certain apps on your computer or tablet the same way you'd use them on your device. Discreet, on-screen notifications alert you to incoming messages, chats, and updates.
You can use BlackBerry Blend on a computer or tablet to:
- View and respond to some messages and chats from different accounts in the BlackBerry Hub.
- Access your BBM chats, groups, and channels.
- Access your text messages (SMS).
- View and update your calendar events and contacts.
- Copy and transfer files between your device and computer or tablet.
- Open a browser with a secure connection to view private information from your organization's intranet, if your device is associated with a BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10.
For more information about using BlackBerry Blend on your computer or tablet, visit www.blackberry.com/blackberryblend.
Turn on mobile network access for BlackBerry Blend
BlackBerry Blend works when your device is connected to a Wi-Fi or mobile network , or a computer using a USB cable connection. To turn on the mobile network connection:
- On your device, on the home screen, swipe down from the top of the screen.
- Tap Settings > Device Connections.
- Turn on the Use Mobile Network switch.
Add BlackBerry Blend to Quick Settings
- On the home screen, swipe down from the top of the screen.
- Tap Settings > Quick Settings.
Select the BlackBerry Blend checkbox.
If you have many quick settings items, you can swipe right or left to see BlackBerry Blend.