Create or change a keyboard shortcut
Tip: If you want to add a shortcut for a key that already has a shortcut assigned to it, you can change the shortcut for that key without first deleting the shortcut. If you press a key that doesn't have a shortcut, your BlackBerry device prompts you to create one.
- On the home screen, swipe down from the top of the screen.
- Tap Settings > Shortcuts and Speed Dial.
Tap and hold a letter .
If the key already has an assigned keyboard shortcut, you can change the shortcut without first deleting the existing shortcut.
- To change an existing shortcut, tap Edit A Shortcut.
Do one of the following:
- To open an application using the keyboard shortcut, tap App Launch Shortcut.
- To compose a message using the keyboard shortcut, tap Quick Compose Shortcut.
- To add another type of action to the keyboard shortcut, such as composing a new message, creating a new note or task, locking your device, or switch notification modes, tap Other Shortcut.