Before you begin: Verify that location services are turned on and that your BlackBerry device has established a GPS connection.
In the Maps app, find a place by doing one of the following:
- On the map screen, search for an address or a place using the search field. In the search results, tap a place.
- On the map screen, locate a pin that you added to the map. Tap the pin.
- On the map screen, tap > . Tap Recents, Favorites, or Contacts. Tap an address, a place, or a contact.
- Tap .
- To begin receiving turn-by-turn directions, tap .
To stop turn-by-turn directions in the map view or detail view, tap . To stop turn-by-turn directions in the street-level view, tap anywhere on the screen. Tap .
Switch to the map or detail view for turn-by-turn directions
By default, turn-by-turn directions start with the street-level view of the route.
To switch to one of the high-level views, do one of the following:
- To view a list of directions to your destination, tap .
- To view an overview of the route on a map, tap .
To return to the street-level view of the route, tap .
Show or hide traffic
If traffic data is available, you can display it as you view a map, or view or listen to turn-by-turn directions in the street-level view.
Do one of the following:
- On the map screen, tap > .
- When viewing or listening to turn-by-turn directions in the street-level view, tap > .
To hide traffic data, tap > .
Mute voice-guided directions
By default, voice-guided directions are turned on.
- If you are in the map view or the detail list view, to return to the street-level view, tap .
- To turn off voice-guided directions, tap .
Change your route preferences
You can change your route preferences while viewing or listening to turn-by-turn directions in BlackBerry Maps. You can set your route to avoid toll roads, highways, car-sharing lanes, or ferries. You can also set the type of route that you want to take (fastest, simplest, or shortest).
- In the Maps app, swipe down from the top of the screen.
- Tap > Route Options.
- Turn on the switches for the types of things that you want to avoid. Tap the type of route that you want to take.
While viewing or listening to turn-by-turn directions, you can manually recalculate your directions when you make a wrong turn or would like alternative directions.
- If you are in the street-level view, to show the navigation bar, tap the screen.
- Tap > .