Take a moment to find out how to navigate your BlackBerry device using touch screen gestures.
Move around the home screen
To get back to the home screen at any time, swipe up from the bottom of the
To see your messages in the BlackBerry Hub, slide your finger from left to right.
To see the apps that are open (if any), slide your finger from right to left. To see all
your apps, continue sliding your finger from right to left.
Peek at the BlackBerry Hub
To see your messages, you can peek at the BlackBerry Hub, or open it, from anywhere on your BlackBerry device.
Tip: Keep your finger on the screen while you peek at the BlackBerry Hub. To go back to what you were doing, slide your finger back down.
Show the menus
- To see more actions that you can perform in an app, tap or .
- To see more actions for a specific item, such as a song or picture,
touch and hold the item.
Tip: To see the names of the icons that appear on the right side of the screen, touch and hold the icon. Slide your finger off the icon to avoid selecting it.
- To find the settings and help for an app, swipe down from the top of the screen.
- To find the settings for the device, on the home screen, swipe down
from the top of screen.
Note: In an app, to find the device settings, use two fingers and swipe down from the top of the screen.
Scroll and move between items
- To scroll, slide your finger up and down.
- To move between the BlackBerry Hub and your apps, slide your finger left and right.
Use a slider
- To select an item, simply tap it. If the item can be opened, it opens.
- To highlight an item without opening it, touch and hold the item.
- To highlight multiple items, such as pictures or songs that you want to share, touch and hold one item. Tap and tap more items. To clear an item, tap it again.
Zoom in to or zoom out from the screen
- To zoom in, slide your fingers apart.
- To zoom out, slide your fingers together.