Typing on the BlackBerry Keyboard
Learn how to use accented and uppercase letters, symbols, and numbers on your keyboard.
Type an accented character
- On the BlackBerry Keyboard, touch and hold the letter that you want to add the accent to.
- When accented characters appear above the letter, slide your finger onto the accented character that you want to type.
- Lift your finger.
Tip: To type an uppercase accented character, tap first. Or, when your finger is on the accented character that you want to type, if you pause before you lift your finger the accented character changes to uppercase.
Type a symbol or number
- On the lower-left side of the BlackBerry Keyboard, tap the key. The appearance of this key varies depending on the language that you're typing in.
- Tap the symbol or number that you want to type.
- If you don't see the symbol you want, touch and hold a related symbol. Slide your finger onto the symbol you want to type or tap to see all the remaining symbols.
Type an uppercase character
- On the BlackBerry Keyboard, tap .
- Tap a letter.
Tip: To turn on CAP lock, touch and hold .