Start a BBM video chat
You can turn a BBM chat into a face-to-face conversation using the BBM video chat feature!
You can start a BBM video call with contacts who are using a supported BlackBerry 10 device. When you call a BBM contact who is using an Android™ or iOS device, your call is connected with voice only.
Answer or decline a BBM video or voice chat
When you receive a BBM Video chat or BBM Voice chat, the name of the person and the type of chat appear on your screen. You can silence the ring tone before you respond by tapping .
- Touch and hold the circle at the bottom of the screen.
Do one of the following:
- To accept the chat, slide your finger to the left. Release your finger when the circle covers or .
- To decline the chat, slide your finger to the right. Release your finger when the circle covers .
Tip: With the Reply Now feature, to send a BBM message to the person instead, tap .
Switch cameras or share your screen
- To switch to the rear-facing camera, tap .
- To share your screen, tap .
- To move your video thumbnail, touch the thumbnail and drag it to a different corner of the screen.
- To move your video chat to an
external display, such as a TV, tap .
Note: This feature requires that your BlackBerry device either supports Wi-Fi CERTIFIED Miracast technology or is connected to an external display with an HDMI cable.
Stop using BBM Video over a mobile network
- In BBM, swipe down from the top of the screen.
- Tap .
- Turn off the Allow BBM Calls Over Mobile Networks switch.
About BlackBerry Natural Sound
The BlackBerry Natural Sound icon, , appears on the screen during a BBM Video chat or BBM Voice chat when the right network conditions are present.
BlackBerry Natural Sound technology is designed so that you can share experiences as if you were there. For example, you can hear nuances and variations in the other person's tone, pick up ambient sounds like music playing in the background, and experience stereo sound.
I can't see the BBM video call icon
If you can't see the BBM video chat icon in a BBM chat, your device or your contact's device doesn't support BBM video chats.
My BBM call is connected with voice only
You can only start a BBM video call with contacts who are using a supported Android™ or iOS device. When you call a BBM contact who is using a BlackBerry 10 device, your call is connected with voice only.
If your device, device camera, or operating system doesn't support BBM video calls, your call is connected with voice only.