Start a protected chat
You can chat in real time with your contacts and know when someone has read your message. Share pictures, voice notes, your location, and other files.
To start a protected chat in BBM Enterprise, a passphrase must be shared between you and your contact. By default, this passphrase is shared automatically, and you aren't prompted for a passphrase.
- On the Chats screen, tap .
- Tap a contact. If you can't find particular contacts, they might be pending contacts or might have recently changed their name.
- Type your message.
- To add an emoticon or sticker to your message, tap .
- To ping someone, tap > .
Send pictures, Glympse locations, or files
- To attach a file, such as an appointment or a file saved in Dropbox, select one of the options.
- To take a picture, tap .
- To record a video, tap . Scroll to Video.
- To record and send a voice note, tap .
- To send a Glympse so the BBM contact can follow your location on a map until a specified time, tap . Touch the circle and slide your finger to adjust the duration from 5 minutes up to 4 hours.
Tip: If you receive a picture, you can tap Request HD to request a picture of a higher quality that you can save.
View or change a Glympse
In a chat, you can view shared or received locations with Glympse.
- Tap .
- If necessary, zoom or pan on the map.
- To change how long you want your location to be available for, tap .
Send a timed message or picture
You can send messages and pictures that can be viewed for a specified amount of time. The item is hidden in the chat until you touch and hold to reveal it. After the timer expires, the content can't be viewed.
- After typing a message or attaching a picture, tap > .
- Select how many seconds you want the other person to be able to view the item for.
- Tap Send or OK.
Retract or delete a message
If you didn't mean to send a particular message, you can retract it. When you retract a message, it no longer appears on your devices or your contact's device.
If you want to remove the messages from your devices only, you can delete a message. When you delete a message, it still appears on your contact's device.
- In a chat, touch and hold a message or picture that you sent.
- Tap Delete Message.
Do one of the following:
- To delete the message or picture from your devices only, tap Delete.
- To retract the message from your contact's device, tap Retract.
Retract all messages in a chat
- In the chats list, touch and hold a chat.
- Tap End Chat.
- Tap Retract Chat.
Edit a message
- In a chat, touch and hold a message you sent.
- Tap Edit.
- Type a new message.