Start a chat
You can chat in real time with your contacts and know when someone has read your message. Share pictures, voice notes, your location, and other files.
To start a chat in BBM Enterprise, a passphrase must be shared between you and your contact. By default, this passphrase is shared automatically, and you aren't prompted for a passphrase.
- On the Chats screen, tap .
- Tap a contact.
- Type your message.
- To add an emoticon or sticker to your message, tap .
Send pictures, Glympse locations, or files
- To attach a file, select one of the options.
- To take a picture, tap .
- To record a video, tap . Scroll to Video.
- To record and send a voice note, tap .
- To send a Glympse so the BBM contact can follow your location on a map until a specified time, tap . Touch the circle and slide your finger to adjust the duration from 5 minutes up to 4 hours.
View or change a Glympse
In a chat, you can view shared or received locations with Glympse.
- Tap .
- If necessary, zoom or pan on the map.
- To change how long you want your location to be available for, tap .
Send a timed message or picture
You can send messages and pictures that can be viewed for a specified amount of time. The item is hidden in the chat until you touch and hold to reveal it. After the timer expires, the content can't be viewed.
- After typing a message or attaching a picture, tap > .
- Select how many seconds you want the other person to be able to view the item for.
- Tap Send or OK.
Copy or save a chat
Retract or delete a message or chat
If you didn't mean to send a particular message, you can retract it. When you retract a message, it no longer appears on your devices or your contact's device.
If you want to remove the messages from your devices only, you can delete a message. When you delete a message, it still appears on your contact's device.
- In a chat, touch and hold a message or picture that you sent.
Do one of the following:
- To delete the message or picture from your devices only, tap .
- To retract the message from your contact's device, tap the retract icon.
Retract all messages in a chat
Edit a message
- In a chat, touch and hold a message you sent.
- Tap Edit.
- Type a new message.
Clear a chat
Hide a chat
Add a picture or file to a chat
- In a chat, tap .
- In a chat, click .
- Tap a picture > Attach.
To view all the pictures or files in a chat, at the top of the screen, tap the contact name. Tap Pictures or Files.