Getting started with BlackBerry Protect
BlackBerry Protect includes features to help you find your BlackBerry device and help protect the data on your device, if your device is ever lost or stolen. You can manage up to seven devices from your BlackBerry Protect account.
- View the current location of your device on a map.
- Make your device ring (even if it's in silent mode).
- Display a custom message on your locked device to provide instructions about how to contact you.
- Set or change your device password and remotely lock your device.
- Flag your device as stolen and delete the data from your device.
- Delete the data from your device before giving away or selling your device.
On devices that run BlackBerry Device Software 5.0 to BlackBerry 7.1, BlackBerry Protect provides a convenient way to wirelessly back up and restore device data. You can't use BlackBerry Protect on a device that is associated with an Enterprise Mobility Management solution from BlackBerry.
On devices that run the BlackBerry 10 OS and that are associated with work email accounts, an administrator might disable BlackBerry Protect. Or, your administrator can disable the ability to remotely change your password or locate your device.